Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lightening Bolts Killed My Websites!

My LaLaVoxBox and MildredLovesYou websites are hosted on a server system run by Amazon in Ireland. There was a major power outage on Sunday apparently caused by lightening. Since I am not well versed in server-speak I don't know exactly what's going on at this point, but what I do know is that my website has been offline since Sunday!

http://status.aws.amazon.com/

I don't suppose it matters too much, since I don't run high-powered, financially important sites - and also since I've sort of been on a mental vacation away from my websites and Doodle Diary since our big MildredLovesYou anniversary/birthday bash back in mid-June - but I still find it quite distressing!

I'll post again once service has returned.

Cheers, LaLaVox

The "Mildred Loves You" Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment